Wednesday 5 November 2014

St Peters School

This morning Sarah and I went over to St Peters Ireleth for the assembly.  After singing Be Happy Sarah asked two girls to come out who were best friends.  I had a little chat with one of them to prep them for the assembly then I gave her a chocolate bar, meanwhile the other girl was stood with Sarah and I told her that her best friend had some chocolate that she wanted to share with her and this they did - one piece for you and one for me, two for you two for me etc as they divided up the chocolate.  I made a comment about how good it was for them to share the chocolate but I then said to the second girl that the first girl had agreed to clean the dirty girls toilet after them assembly and I brought out a bucket with cleaning things in it including a toilet brush.  I asked her would she be willing to share the job with her friend like they had shared the chocolate.  The children in the room were taken back so what when I talked about the toilet and cleaning it but the girl agreed to help her friend out.  I did say that I was only joking and that they didn't really need to do the cleaning.  Sarah then told the story of Ruth and Naomi from the Old Testament and afterwards explained how they were good friends that stuck together through the good times (like eating chocolate) and the bad times (like cleaning the toilet).  Next I asked the children to stand up and to go and shake the hand of a friend and say thank you for being my friend.  Once the children had finished that we sang God Can Do Anything and Sarah finished off the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment