Tuesday 4 November 2014

Low Furness School

This morning I went to Low Furness School on my own to take the assembly.  The theme was friendship.  So after singing Be Happy I then asked if two friends could come out and join me - I particularly wanted two boys as it fitted better with the theme.  So after having a quick chat with one of them I gave him a chocolate bar to eat then I said to the other one go and share it together - which they did and they seemed to enjoy it too.  Then I said that the first boy had agreed to clean the dirty boys toilet after assembly and I presented him with a bucket, cloth, cleaning stuff and toilet brush all the time he is knocking with agreement about the cleaning (that was the reason for the little chat) so I then asked if the second boy would like to help him - he answered yes he would.  The point was simple we should stick with our friends through the good times - eating the chocolate as well as the bad times - cleaning the toilet.  They went to sit down (I didn't make them do the cleaning)  I then told the story of Ruth and afterwards explained the friendship that Ruth and Naomi shared and about how strong it was.  The children then had to do a practical thing and stand up and look around them for one of their best friends go over, shake their hand and say thank you for being my friend.  at the end they all sat back down again, I said a short prayer and we finished by singing God Can Do Anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment