Wednesday 15 April 2015

Broughton School

This morning I went over to Broughton School for the assembly.  After saying hello and good morning I asked the children about their Easter Holidays and if they had had a good time.  I was going to keep Easter going just a little longer as I was going to talk about Forgiveness.  I read a story about two boys who were best friends but had a falling out as a result of toys being broken.  They both said nasty things but then felt bad afterwards.  In the end one of the boys dads said that he should perhaps go and make up and as he started to leave the house the other boy was there about to do the same.  All ended well.  I displayed the following words 'Forgiving helps friends to be friendly again.  Forgiving others makes us happier'  this linked with Ephesians 4:32 which says We should learn to forgive.  I then linked this to the Lord's Prayer and pointed out the lines that say se should forgive others as they forgive us.  I also talked about Peter and him saying three times that he didn't know Jesus and then after Jesus rose Jesus asking Peter three times if he loved him.  This was Jesus' way of saying to Peter I forgive you.  To close we sang Shine then I said a prayer followed by the Lord's Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment