Monday 20 April 2015

Church Walk Primary School

This morning I went along to Church Walk Primary School for the first assembly of this half term.  After saying hello and asking about Easter and chocolate eggs we sang the first song Inright Outright which linked a little bit to what I wanted to talk about today.  I then told the story about the two boys playing with each others toys in the garden and the plane of one boy gets damaged so he then kicks his friends football into the road and under a lorry.  A big fall out happens - why because they can't forgive each other.  However all ends well after a few very sad and lonely days both boys make it up and forgive each other and become best friends again.  I asked the children if they had ever had something like that happen to them and before I could finish my sentence hands started to go up.  I explained that it is better to forgive each other and make a reference to Ephesians 4:32 - we must learn to forgive.  I referred back to Easter and how Jesus even on the cross asked God to forgive them for they don't know what they are doing.  I displayed the Lord's Prayer and pointed out the lines that talk about forgiving each other as we have been forgiven.  Then we sang Shine and I closed the assembly with a prayer followed by the Lord's Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment