Monday 20 April 2015

Flookburgh School

This afternoon I went over to Flookburgh School to do the assembly.  After the welcome and talked a little about the Easter break and asked who still had eggs left.  I did this as what I wanted to say linked back to Easter.  So after singing Inright Outright I told the children the story that we have been using since the start of this term about the two boys that fall out over toys and about how unhappy they both were because the didn't or rather couldn't forgive each other.  However the story does have a happy ending as the make friends again in the end.  Having asked the children if that had ever happen to them I then talked about forgiveness and how Jesus even on the cross was able to ask God to forgive the people who had been hurting him.  He also forgave Peter who had said three times that he didn't know Jesus.  I reminded the children of the words of the Lord's Prayer that say forgive us our sins and we forgive those that sin against us.  I finished by saying that if we learn to forgive each other that we can Shine from the inside out which was a cue for a song. After the song I closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment