Monday 20 April 2015

Cartmel Primary School

After lunch today I went down to Cartmel Primary School for the assembly.  As it is a newer school to us I was keen to teach the children new songs so to start off we sang Inright Outright.  I then told the story about the two boys falling out over broken toys which is really all about forgiveness, since Easter this has been the focus of our assemblies.  I then asked the children if they had ever fallen out with a friend over something really silly and a number of hands went up.  I reminded the children that it is better to forgive so that friendship can remain intact and talked about Jesus on the cross asking for God to forgive the people who were hurting him.  I also reminded the children of the words in the Lord's Prayer that talks about forgiving others as we are forgiven.  Then we sang Shine and I end the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment