Monday 26 November 2018

Coniston Primary School

This should have been posted last Thursday but didn't post...
This morning I was at Coniston Primary school doing the assembly.  I started off by saying how much I enjoyed going to the school not only seeing the children but also the drive up to the school.  This led me to say that I was feeling happy today which linked into the song we were going to start off with - Be Happy.  After the song I explained that I was going to talk about kindness - I then said that there are loads of examples of kindness in the Bible and today I was going to show them a short video story of one such story.  The person in the story had an unusual name so I asked how old the school was and said I bet no one has ever had this name ever in the school.  The name was Mephibosheth - it got a bit of a laugh.   The video showed King David's kindness towards Mephibosheth.  After the video I explained that as a small child Mephibosheth had been dropped and had damaged both legs so he didn't walk, he was part of the old king's family that is King Saul and what David did was to show great kindness to him and treat him with respect. I encouraged the children to go out of their way to do similar things and show kindness to each other.  I also said that every action they do can cause a reaction from others - so if we show/act kind then that will have a good reaction. Bu doing this we can shine from the inside out -cue for a song.  After the song I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment