Tuesday 27 November 2018

Croftlands Infants School

This morning Sarah and I went to do the assembly at Croftlands Infant School.  It was lovely to see all the children who gave us such a warm welcome.  We started by singing Be Happy.  After the song Sarah introduced the theme for the assembly which was kindness.  She asked how old the school was and said she bet that there had been no one every at the school who had the name of the person in the story today. She also did have to explain that it was American people speaking in the video clip we had and the name of the person in the story was different in English.  So on with the video clip which was King David showing kindness to Saul's grandson Mephibosheth.  After the clip I did explain a little bit about why the act of kindness was so great because Mephibosheth was lame in both legs as a result of an accident when he was a baby.  Sarah then told the children something Isaac Newton said in that for every action there is a reaction.  She explained what that means and gave examples like if you smile at someone they smile back, if you pass a positive comment to someone a positive one comes back, if you should kindness to someone then kindness is shown to you in some way.  When we do show kindness we Shine from the inside out - cue for a song I think.  After the song I closed with a prayer.

3 comments:

  1. I am very happy to discover your post as it will become on top in my collection of favorite blogs to visit. ingilizce kursu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. şişli ingilizce kursu

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value. Im glad to have found this post as its such an interesting one! I am always on the lookout for quality posts and articles so i suppose im lucky to have found this! I hope you will be adding more in the future... shsat practice

    ReplyDelete