Thursday 8 November 2018

Leven Valley School

This morning Sarah and I went to do the assembly at Leven Valley School.  Sarah started the assembly by talking about how happy she was whenever she went to the school - she said it had happy memories for her (she went to the school as a child) this led into us singing Be Happy.  After the song Sarah introduced the theme for the assembly - kindness.  We then showed a video which told of the kindness David showed to Mephibosheth.  I then explained a little about Mephibosheth and why what David did was so special.  Sarah continued to talk to the children about kindness and used one of Isaac Newtons idea's that every action has a reaction.  She continued by saying if she looked at me this morning and said that what I was wearing didn't look good then that would have the reaction from me why?  when the shirt I was wearing was my favourite one that Sarah bought as a gift for me, I would feel a bit down and sad.  However if she comment about how well I looked in that shirt then I would be built up and perhaps comment back something nice too This led to us singing Shine before I closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment