Wednesday 21 November 2018

Lindale School

This morning Sarah and I went down to Lindale School for the assembly.  We started by singing Be Happy which warmed the children (and me) up as it was such a cold morning.  After the song Sarah introduced the theme for the assembly which was kindness and showing kindness.  We then showed the children a video clip about King David showing kindness to Mephibosheth.  I explained a little about who Mephibosheth was and why what David did was so great.  Sarah then talked about Isaac Newton and that he said for every action there is a reaction - she asked the children if they knew what that meant and one little boy gave a very good explanation.  Sarah tested the action/reaction idea on me by saying what I was wearing didn't look nice - so my reaction was sadness.  But then she said Mark you look great in that shirt so my reaction was very different with a complement back to Sarah about the lovely person that bought it for me (Sarah).  She continued by saying that when we show kindness then kindness and other good things come back at us and when we do show kindness we shine from the inside out - cue for a song. After the song Sarah finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment