Monday 1 July 2013

Broughton School - moving on

This morning over at Broughton we did our last assembly of the school year.  As it was the last one I decided to tell a story of a bible character that was told by God to move so I picked Abraham.  Using some simple visual aids I told his story and focused on the fact that God was with him and kept his promises to him.  Then to finished I talked to the children about moving up in the school and about how they might be a little frighten and unsure of things but encouraged them with a bible verse from Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong. Take courage. Don't be intimidated. Don't give a second thought because GOD, your God, is striding ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; he won't leave you. I ended with a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment