Wednesday 3 July 2013

BX OT5 Pennington

This afternoon was the last lesson of Bible Explorer at Pennington School.  The children came into the lesson very excited to see me and couldn't wait to get started.  Following a quick recap of the books covered in the bible and a quick run through of all the hand signs to date we started the lesson.  I explained the North - South, Israel - Judah, 19 - 20, 0-8 again to them and talked a little about prophets as the Prophets Speak is the first hand sign today.  I also explained what it meant by Scatters and that even today some Jews don't bother with the people believed to be from the Samaria region.  I did a quick link to the New Testament and the Good Samaritan story.  The lesson progressed on at a quick pace until I got to my favourite story - Esther.  I do like to tell this story and get them involved with it.  The sense of shock, horror and hummer in it helps a lot, particularly as the story draws to a close and Haman is leading Mordecai through the streets and then as the plot is uncovered Haman falls on the queen and the king has him arrested and hung on his own gallows.  The children did well as they went through all the hand signs at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment