Thursday 4 July 2013

Our Lady's - last assembly of school year - moving on

Today was our last visit of this school year to Our Lady's and as it was the last visit I asked the year 6 children what song they would like to sing - they picked Shine.  The story I told today was about Abraham who was told by God to move on from Ur to first of all Harran and then into what is now Israel.  I showed some pictures and a map of the area.  I talked about how strange it must have been for him and his wife Sarah to be told to move not knowing where they would end up.  I also spoke of the promise God made to them about having children as many as the stars in the sky.  I linked up with a verse from Deuteronomy 31:6 which says Be strong. Take courage. Don't be intimidated. Don't give a second thought because GOD, your God, is striding ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; he won't leave you.  I encouraged all the children who will be moving up a year to take courage and be strong because God will be with them and He won't let them down.  To finish we sang Wonderful Lord and I prayed for all the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment