Tuesday 2 July 2013

Low Furness - a loud and noisy time

Today the theme of the assembly was noise.  So Sarah and I decided that we would sing So Many Ways to Praise the Lord to start, then I told the story of Joshua and the walls of Jericho.  The people were told to match around 7 times and then on the seventh day do it seven times but then to make lots of noise.  I showed some pictures and blew my cow/ram's horn to show what it might have been like and then I got the children to shout loud too.  I told the children that on this day with a lot of noise something special happened.  I also spoke about how we praise God and that it doesn't always need to be loud it and also be quiet.  Following this Sarah concluded the assembly as we sang wonderful Lord followed by the Lord's Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment