Wednesday 3 July 2013

St Peters - making a loud noise

The assembly today at St Peters was in a class room as the hall was in use.  Sarah stayed in the hall while I went to do the assembly.  After saying hello to the children they responded back and shouted hello to Sarah.  Our theme was in fact on noise.  We started by singing So Many Ways to Praise the Lord before I told the story of Joshua and the children of Israel making loads of noise as they walked round the walls of Jericho.  I had my ram/cow horn with me too so after giving a couple of loud blasts on it I asked the children to shout - they did so we did it again and then a third time.  As the story goes the walls fall down.  I linked this to us when we praise God sometimes it can be loud but other times it can be quiet too as the words of the song say 'Praise the loud in silence...'  Following this we sang Wonderful Lord and during the instrumental I said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment