Monday 1 July 2013

Penny Bridge School - final assembly of the school year

This afternoon Sarah and I went to Penny Bridge school for the final visit and assembly of this school year.  I decided that I would tell the story of Abraham using some visual aids I had prepared for another talk once before.  Abraham had been told by God to move and God had promised him a large family and that he would always be with him.  This I think was the most important point particularly as children in all schools are moving up a year or to a new key stage of even to a new school.  I coupled the story with a verse from  Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong. Take courage. Don't be intimidated. Don't give a second thought because GOD, your God, is striding ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; he won't leave you. Sarah conclude the assembly by talking to the children and saying that God would be with them as he promise he would be with Abraham, as the move to a new year.  We sang Wonderful Lord to end and Sarah led the short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment