Monday 24 February 2014

Church Walk Primary

This morning Sarah and I went to Church Walk Primary for the assembly.  We decided to continue with the theme of love since Valentines day was the day they finished for half term.  So Sarah started to talk and show a couple of the cards I have sent her over the years and I responded with some that I received from her.  As Sarah continued to talk I also gave her a little teddy hedgehog with the words You're Special.  Sarah reminded the children that they are special and that they are loved and asked them who it was that loved them - parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters all came back as answers as well as God and Jesus.  Then Sarah selected a girl and asked her to come out front along with a boy.  She asked the boy to start to count the number of hairs on the girls head, I helped and shouted out the numbers.  However when we got to 15 Sarah stopped us and asked the girl if she knew how many there were - No.  I then read from Matthew 10:30 which talks about God knowing the number of hairs on our head.  I then went on to say just how much God knows about us and just how much he loves us.  He doesn't need to send us cards or give us little teddy bears to remind us, I asked the children how God shows his love - they said by creating the world and someone else said by sending us Jesus.  I then told the children that God's love is bigger than a burger, a mouse, an elephant .... which was a cue for our song.  at the end Sarah closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment