Monday 24 February 2014

Penny Bridge School

This afternoon we were at Penny Bridge school.  The children in year 6 are so helpful as the assist us in setting up.  As the assembly started I played the I love You track to set the mood.  Our first song was Inright Outright which the children really enjoyed.  Then Sarah asked if they could remember what special day the last Friday of half term was - the answer was Valentines day.  She then asked what people did on that day, send cards and give gifts the children responded.  She then showed to the children some cards I have sent her and I did the same with cards I got from Sarah.  I also showed a little hedgehog that says 'You're Special' on it.  Sarah then asked for one of the girls with long hair to come out and asked a boy if he could count the hairs on her head.  We did it together and Sarah stopped us at 15.  I then read Matthew 10:30 which says even the hairs on our head are numbered.  I explained to the children that we are so special to God, and that God knows more about us than we know about ourselves, however God doesn't need to send us cards or give us little gifts that say 'You're Special'  because he sent Jesus to us who died on the cross for us.  I then did a cue for the next song by saying God's love is bigger than a burger, a mouse, a house etc.  After the song Sarah closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment