Tuesday 25 February 2014

Low Furness School

This morning I went along to Low Furness school.  The theme was about family - so I wanted to link that with love and in particular God's love for us.  So to start we sang Inright Outright then I asked the children what the special day the Friday was when we broke up for half term - Valentines day.  I also asked what we did on that day normally - send cards and tell people we love them.  I went on to show some cards that Sarah and I had sent to each other and even said that on that day I send 2 cards to two different ladies and sign them with love from Mark.  I asked the children who loves them and their answer were God, Jesus, parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters, friends and teachers.  I then explained about the two cards I send because one is for Sarah and the other to my mum as it is her birthday on that day.  I then said we sometimes give gifts like the hedgehog that says 'You're Special' on it.  These are just some of the ways we can show someone that we love them.  I then tried a little experiment and asked a boy and a girl with longish hair to come out.  I asked the boy to try and count the number of hairs - he got to 10 and I stopped him and asked if the girl could tell us how many hairs she had on her head - no she said , she didn't know.  I asked her why surly as it is her head she should know.  This led into our bible verse Matthew 10:30 in which Jesus says even the hairs on our head are numbered, I said in my case that would be a hard task.  The point was this God knows about us far more than we know about ourselves and He loves us so much and we are all part of his big world wide family.  I asked the children to tell me how God shows his love they answered by making the world and the people in it and then someone said by sending Jesus.  I went on to remind the children that Easter is coming up during the next half term and it is the time when we think about Jesus on the cross and about God's love for us.  To finish we sang God's love is bigger than a burger.  after the song I said a short prayer thanking God for the love he continually shows to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment