Wednesday 26 February 2014

Crosthwaite School

This afternoon I went over to Crosthwaite school for the assembly as Sarah had to help with the school council at Low Furness school.  I decided to play the I Love You track as the children came in as the assembly was going to be about love.  We started by singing Inright Outright then I asked if they knew what special day it was the Friday that they finished for half term - Valentines day.  I asked them what it was all about.  I got a number of very good answers from them.  I explained that on that day I send two cards to two special ladies in my life, I then took some of the cards that Sarah and I have sent to each other and showed them to the children, I even had a small stuffed hedgehog that said 'You're Special' on it.  I then had to explain that the second card I send is to my mum as it is her birthday on that day.  I then asked a boy and a girl to come out and asked if the boy could count the hairs on the girls head - he got to 10 and I stopped him.  I then read Matthew 10:30 which tells us that even the number of hairs on our head a numbered.  I then pointed out to the children that God knows us far better than we even know ourselves and he loves us too.  I also said that God doesn't need to send so cards or give us gifts because he has given us the greatest gift Jesus.  I explained that God's love is bigger than anything we could possibly imagine which led into a song - God's love is bigger than a burger.  After the song I said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment