Thursday 13 February 2014

Our Lady's School

This morning Sarah and I were at Our Lady's School in Dalton taking the assembly.  As tomorrow is Valentines day we decided to do an assembly about love.  To start with we sang Inright Outright then Sarah asked what special day Friday is - the answer came back as expected Valentines day.  She asked then if the children knew what we did on Valentines day and various answers came back like send cards, tell people that you love them, do kind things etc.  Sarah then showed some of our cards that we have sent over the years and I commented and showed a couple of mine, I also gave Sarah a teddy with 'You're Special' on it.  Sarah used this to then talk about us all being special and loved yes by our families and friends but also by God.  She invited out a girl and a boy and asked the boy to start and count the number of hairs on the girls head...they got to 20 and we stopped.  I then read the verse from Matthew 10:30 which reminds us that even the hairs on our heads are numbered.  I told the children that there are things about us that only God knows the answer to like the number of hairs we have.  I told the children that God loves them so much that if he wanted to he could send us a card telling us but he did something far more important and bigger than that I asked the children what they thought it was - a few answers came back and then someone said Jesus.  I reminded the children that Jesus was God's special gift of love to us.  I then said that God's love is bigger than a burger, a mouse, an elephant etc as a clue to the next song God's love is Bigger than a Burger.  We then closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment