Tuesday 20 January 2015

Croftlands Infants School

This morning Sarah and I went along to Croftlands Infants School.  It was great to see all the children again and we had such a warm welcome from them.  Sarah started off the assembly by asking if the children had had a good Christmas and started to talk a little bit about things that people do at new year when they make new years resolutions.  The children had already heard the talk about fresh start that we have been doing for assemblies this month so Sarah handed over to me to tell the story.  She introduced it as a story about a man that wanted to change.  As we couldn't display the pictures for the story I asked the children to help me.  So I got the older and taller children to be the crowd in Jericho waiting to see Jesus and a younger (smaller) child to be Zacchaeus.  As he stood at the back of the children he couldn't see over them at all and in fact the rest of the school couldn't see him.  The children cheered as I told the part of the story of Jesus entering the town and I moved the little boy towards a teacher who play a very good tree part.  The story continued as I explained why people didn't like Zacchaeus because he collected taxes.  The crowd talked to each other about Jesus going to Zacchaeus's house for tea.  Then when he met Jesus he decided to change and now the crowd cheered and were all happy.  I made the point that he had decided to change and make a fresh start.  Sarah then continued by encouraging the children to think about something they might like to change this year.  To close we sang Go Can Do Anything before Sarah said a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment