Monday 12 January 2015

Penny Bridge School

This morning Sarah and I did the first assembly of 2015.  We went down to Penny Bridge School.  After wishing the children a Happy New Year we sang Be Happy.  Then I started to talk about what people do at the start of a new year, to help explain this I displayed 4 pictures, one was a plane taking off, a wedding, a book about the first day at school and runners at the start of a race.  I asked the children what the common theme was in these pictures.  The answer came back they were all the start of something - which was the answer I was wanting.  I went on to say that many people decide at the start of the year to perhaps change something like what they eat, make up with people they have fallen out with etc.  This led to Sarah telling the story of Zacchaeus while I displayed pictures from the story.  After the story I encouraged the children to perhaps think of something they might like to change or something they perhaps might like to start like a new club, sport or hobby.  After this we sang God Can Do Anything reminding us what God can do.  Sarah then closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment