Friday 16 January 2015

Our Lady's School

On Thursday morning I went along to Our Lady's school by myself as the wind was very strong and the rain was driving and Sarah didn't fancy getting blown about and wet.  It was our first visit for a couple of months so it was good to see the children again.  After saying hello and happy new year etc we sang Be Happy.  I then displayed 4 pictures and asked if anyone could tell what the common theme was.  The pictures all showed things starting a race, a plane on take off, a wedding and a book about the first day at school.  I explained that at this time of year many people make a new years resolution and decide to change something about themselves and in a way make a fresh start.  I then told a story from Luke about a man who wanted such a fresh start that he wanted to see Jesus and couldn't so he climbed a tree - it was the story of Zacchaeus.  Following the story I encouraged the children to think about something they might like to change in the life - it could even been a time to start a new hobby or sport or something.  We then sang God Can Do Anything and I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment