Friday 16 January 2015

Flookburgh School

This morning I went down to Flookburgh School due to the weather Sarah stayed home again today.  The children were pleased to see me again and I had offers of help from the children as I was setting up.  I started with Be Happy but first went through the actions to help the children during the song.  I then displayed the 4 pictures we have been using all week to show the start of something.  After I displayed them I did ask what the common link was and the word -Start did come out.  I explained that people decide at the start of a new year to perhaps change something or to have a fresh start about something.  I then displayed some more pictures as I retold the Zacchaeus story.  I explained at the end that Zacchaeus decided to change something about his life and make a fresh start.  I then encouraged the children to think about that and decide what they might like to change.  We then sang God Can Do Anything and I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment