Friday 16 January 2015

Leven Valley School

On Thursday morning after Our Lady's School I went along to Leven Valley school to do the first assembly of the new year.  After talking with the children a bit about Christmas we sang Be Happy.  I then displayed the 4 pictures of things that are just starting a race, a plane take off, a wedding and first day at school.  I asked some of the older children what the link was between the pictures the answer came back they are at the start of something.  I explained that at the start of a new year many people decide to start something new or to change something about themselves.  This led to me telling the Zacchaeus story and explained that he wanted to change his life.  I then encouraged the children to perhaps think of something they wanted to change or something they wanted to start even in 2015.  We finished by singing God Can Do Anything followed by a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment