Wednesday 7 December 2016

Croftlands Infants School

This afternoon Sarah and I went to do our Christmas assembly at Croftlands Infants.  We didn't start with a song as we wanted to sing Rejoice With Us this Christmas to end.  I asked the children what time of year it was - some said December, winter, Christmas - one girl said it was Advent.  I then asked who in the Christmas story made a very long journey to see Jesus.  One person said the three wise men which was the answer I was looking for.  I then talked a little bit about long journeys and how we need to be ready.  The wise men made good plans to see Jesus.  Sarah then told the story of Babushka and how she missed the point and couldn't see Jesus.  I explained that as we rush about before Christmas we can sometimes miss the point of Christmas - I said that if it wasn't for Jesus there would be no Christmas - this shocked the children a bit.  So I encouraged the children to take a moment to think about why we celebrate Christmas.  We then sang our song.  Sarah closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment