Tuesday 13 December 2016

Low Furness School

This Morning Sarah and I went to do our last assembly for this year at Low Furness School.  We started by asking the children what song they would like to sing to start us off and they picked My Lighthouse.  After the song Sarah reminded the children about the assembly we had done two weeks ago and how we had talked about getting ready for Christmas.  Today we showed them a video about the Christmas story - it was a poem that had pictures with it and a line that kept on repeating "...to turn what was sad into glad once again..."  After the video clip I talked about what they had seen and I also repeated the words of the poem.  I explained that we live in a world that is a times sad and people do things that made it that way.  I asked the children for some thoughts - a number said fighting or war or fallings out (they had the idea) but as the video explained God set Jesus into the world to turn that sad into glad once again and that is why we celebrate at Christmas.  I mentioned that with out Jesus there would be no Christmas, I also said that last week when we said that in another school it shocked the children.  So we should be glad at Christmas time and be happy and joyful one of my all time favourite carols is Joy to the World and I told the children that I love to sing it.  Sarah then introduced our Christmas song Rejoice with us this Christmas and after she reminded the children about turning the sad into glad part of the poem before she closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment