Wednesday 11 March 2015

Broughton School

This morning Sarah and I went along to Broughton School for the assembly.  We had been given a request to sing God's Love is Bigger than a Burger so we sang it first.  Then I told a story from a Bob Hartman book about Jesus walking on the water and calming a storm.  The children needed to respond with actions on certain key words.  Sarah explained this before I started to read.  Afterwards I explained that two miracles happened during the story the first was Jesus walking on the water and the second was the storm being calmed.  The storm only stopped when Jesus drew close to the boat and got into it.  I said that in life we have ups and downs and older people call it the storms of life, so I encouraged the children that when they face tough times of difficult times - storms then they too should ask Jesus to draw close to them.  I linked this to the year 6 SATs coming up soon.  Sarah added that we have a great God who can do anything which linked to the song God can do Anything.  Sarah closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment