Wednesday 18 March 2015

Flookburgh School

This afternoon I went down to Flookburgh School for an assembly.  I started the assembly off with Great Big God and then went on to tell the story of Jesus walking on the water towards his disciples who were in a boat in a storm.  As soon as Jesus got close and into the boat the storm stopped.  I used Bob Hartman's version of the story so there as a response required from the children on certain key words.  I then pointed out to the children the miracles within the story - walking on water and calming the storm and explained that many people talk about the ups and downs of life as being the storms of life.  But when we have Jesus close to us it helps us through those times.  I then went on to talk briefly about Easter and how another miracle happen in Jesus rising from the dead.  I encouraged the children to think about that as they ate their Easter Eggs etc.  To finish we sang Inright Outright and I said a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment