Wednesday 3 June 2015

Broughton School

This morning I went over the hill to Broughton School, it was a beautiful view as I travelled over to see the children.  As I started the assembly I shared this with the children and about how it makes me happy.  This idea of being happy linked to the first song Be Happy.  After the song I displayed a load of Mr Men pictures and talked a little about them before acting out the name of some of them for the children to try and guess who I was - they got them all.  I ended with Mr Happy and then talked a little about other emotions like being sad or shy as well as happy.  I then retold a story from Matthew 14 of Jesus going to a party and how he asked the host if next time he had a party would he consider asking all the poor people to come along instead of all his posh rich friends.  The man asked WHY? because Jesus said when you do that you show true love and kindness.  This was the main point of the assembly how to turn sad people to happy by showing them some kindness because when we do we Shine from the inside out.  After the song I closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment