Tuesday 2 June 2015

Crosthwaite School

This afternoon I went over to Crosthwaite School to do the assembly.  As I pulled up the children playing in the playground gave me such a wonderful welcome it made me feel really happy.  I mentioned this in the assembly before we sang Be Happy.  Following the song I acted out some of the Mr Men names for the children to see if they knew who they were ending with - Mr Happy.  I then displayed a few pictures of people showing different emotions but again ending with happy.  The idea was to explain how they could change someone's emotion from sad to happy.  I then told the story of Jesus going to a party from Matthew 14 -  Jesus had been invited to a party and told the person that the party had the wrong people there, the man was confused and asked why.  Jesus replied that only rich people had been invited to the party and that the man only invited them because in turn he would be invited back.  Jesus told the man that he should invite the poor people next time, people who would not normally get invites to parties this way he can show true kindness.  I reminded the children that each and every one of us has the ability to turn a sad person into a happy person by showing them some kindness and when we do that we Shine from the inside out - cue song.  After the song I closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment