Wednesday 3 June 2015

St Peters School

This morning Sarah and I went to St Peters School for the assembly.  It was great to see all the children again after the half term holiday.  Sarah said it made her feel happy to see the children - this linked to our first song Be Happy.  After the song we introduced the theme of kindness and I displayed a collection of Mr Men pictures.  I then acted out a few of them and Sarah asked the children to guess which one I was.  Sarah then talked briefly about some of the emotions we have as I displayed a few photographs of children that were shy, sad, happy, excited etc.  I then told the story of Jesus going to a party and telling the host that the wrong people were there.  He had invited all the types of people that could have invited him back for a party, but Jesus said next time he should invite all the people that are poor and would never be able to invite him back because then he would be showing true kindness and love to them.  Sarah then said that we should look at what we can do to help maybe a sad person become happy by being kind to them in some way.  Showing kindness to others allows us to shine out what is inside us to others, everyone of us is capable of showing kindness to each other.  We then sang Shine and I closed the assembly with a prayer followed by the Lord's Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment