Tuesday 9 June 2015

Croftlands Infants School

This morning Sarah and I have been at Croftlands Infants School doing the assembly.  As I arrived at the school a little girl gave me such a big smile which made me feel really happy.  I mentioned this to the children as the assembly started and we said that lots of things make us happy - link to Be Happy song.  After the song we displayed the Mr Men pictures and I acted out the names of some of them and the children guessed who I was.  We then displayed a few pictures of people happy, sad, shy etc.  Sarah explained that we sometimes feel happy and sad or shy these are our emotions and people can help us to change them.  I then told a story of Jesus at a party which was full of rich and important people, Jesus asked the host why he had invited such people, the host's answer was because they can invite me to their parties.  Jesus asked him if next time he had a party why doesn't he invite all the poor people.  The man didn't understand why, Jesus reminded him that if he did do that and invited all the poor people they would not be able to invite him back to their parties as they would not be able to afford one but it would make them so happy because of the kindness he had shown them.  God would be very pleased too.  Sarah then encouraged the children to try and show kindness to others today it could be as simple as a smile.  When we do that she continued we Shine from the inside out - Cue song.  After the song we said a prayer.  Before the children left we talked about Holiday club at Croftlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment