Thursday 16 June 2016

Flookburgh School

This morning I went down to Flookburgh School for the assembly.  To start off we sang God's Love is Bigger than a Burger.  I then went on to tell the feeding the 5000 story using the Big Ministries book 2.  The story has trigger words which require the children to respond in some way, so after telling the children what to do we had a little test, then I started the story.  At the end of the story I pointed out some facts about it like the fact that it is in all the gospels and also Matthew and Mark record another feeding event - with 4000 people.  I also pointed out that the bible says 5000 men plus women plus children so we did a little bit of maths and yes 15000 people could possibly have been fed, so I asked the children to remind us how many fish and how much bread - then how many basketfuls of left overs - yes 12.  I explained that this was a miracle, I then asked if they thought Jesus and God still did miracles today - a few hands went up.  I put my hand up and explained that I think miracles happen all the time like when a dead looking seed is planted in the ground then a beautiful plant shoots up.  I then said that God can do anything and that nothing is too big for him and nothing is too small - cue for a song I think.  After the song I said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment