Wednesday 29 June 2016

Lindal and Marton School

This morning Sarah and I with Vic and Co went to do our transition lesson at Lindal and Marton School.  We started with the assembly which featured a drama about Daniel and how he made a move to Babylon.  We covered a few issues with it like leaving family and friends as well as being in a strange new place with new sounds, sights and smells.  We then sang Great Big God before Gary from Pennington Church said a short prayer to close.  We then set up our three stations and worked with the year 6 children to hopefully help them as they transition into secondary school.  We looked at some big questions children often have like what do I do if I get lost, or if I forget my homework.  We looked at other things too like bullying, as well as things that scare us about the move.  To help us at the end the children took a sheet of paper and put down one thing they were worried about.  We made it into a paper aeroplane and flew it across the room saying God I give you all my worries, then the children took someone else's and did the same this time saying God I give you all this persons worries.  I explained that this was like a practical prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment