Wednesday 8 June 2016

St Peters School

This morning Sarah and I went to St Peters for the assembly.  As the children arrived in the hall Sarah gave each one a pipe cleaner to use later in the assembly.  To start off the assembly we sang God's Love is Bigger than a Burger.  Sarah then asked the children to pick up their pipe cleaner and start to bend it into shape, the shape she was after was a fish shape.  I then told the story of Jesus feeding the 5000.  Before I started I explained that when I said certain words they should do an action one of the actions was to hold up their pipe cleaner fish.  After the story I talked a little about miracles asking the children if they thought miracles still happen today - some were not too sure.  I then explained that at this time of year we can see little miracles happening in the growing of plants from seeds - seeds that look dead but have life inside them.  I also asked the children to look at each other as we are miracles too - I also asked them to sit still for a moment - then I said are your bodies moving at all - children said no, but I said they were as our hearts were beating and we were breathing too and our brain was also working very hard as well - all miracles.  Sarah then summed up what I had said and introduced our next song God Can Do Anything.  She then closed the assembly with a prayer.  She also encouraged the children to take the fish home and retell the story at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment