Wednesday 13 September 2017

Burlington School

This morning I went to do the assembly at Burlington School, it was the first visit of the new school year.  I started the assembly by introducing a new song Help Me Be Your Eyes Lord Jesus.  I then used the lines of the song to talk about how we could look around us and help other people out.  This led into the story of the feeding of the 5000 when a small boy looked around and saw that something needed to be done and he used his hands to give his small lunch to Jesus, who lifted it up in his hands and handed it over to the disciples to hand out.  Hands plays a part in the song too as it says may I be your hands to help.  I encouraged the children to look around and see where there was a need either in school, at home, outside of school, in our country and even our world and see if they could use their hands to help - and therefore share God's love.  We sang the song through again this time I displayed the words instead of the actions video.  After it I said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment