Thursday 14 September 2017

St Marys RC

This morning I went to do the first assembly of the new school year at St Mary's RC school.  It was great to see all the children and staff again.  I started with a new song Help Me Be Your Eyes Lord Jesus as the words fitted with what I wanted to tell the children.  After the song I talked about what the words meant - help me be your eyes - in that we should look around and see where in our world we could help out.  I then linked it to the story of the feeding of the 5000 as the little boy looked and saw there was a need and responded to it by handing over his food.  Jesus then blessed that and handed it to his disciples to hand out.  The song also has the words may I be your hands to help, so I encouraged the children to look around and see where they could use their hands to help others.  We sang the song again this time with the words displayed on the screen and after I closed the assembly with a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment