Tuesday 24 April 2018

Croftlands Infant School

This morning Sarah and I did the assembly at Croftlands Infant School.  As it was the first time we had seen them since Easter Sarah asked them about their Easter holidays.  This was to link in with talking about breakfasts and where we eat them.  Sarah then asked if anyone had ever had breakfast cooked on an open fire on a beach - cue into story Breakfast on the Beach from the Lost Sheep company.  Before I told the story I did a recap of the Easter Story and how Peter had said three times that he didn't know Jesus.  As I told the story I displayed the pictures for the children to see of how Peter feeling rather down went back to fishing, only to catch nothing.  Then some one from the shore shouted to them to cast their nets on the other side - it was of course Jesus.  Jesus then ate breakfast with Peter and the rest of the disciples before asking Peter three times if he love him.  Each time Peter said yes - this was Jesus forgiving Peter for what he had done earlier.  I explained that if we say sorry to Jesus for the things we do wrong then he will forgive us and if we do it again and again and again he will forgive us.  I also explained that Peter was asked by Jesus to lead the rest of the disciples and he did - then as bold as anything Peter told loads of people about Jesus on the day of Pentecost.  Sarah added to what I had said and explained that Peter was shining from the inside out - cue song Shine.  after the song Sarah finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment