Monday 30 April 2018

Newton Primary School

This morning I went over to Newton Primary School to do the assembly.  It was great to see all the children again.  I started by asking the children if they had had a good Easter Holiday - I know it was weeks ago now but it fitted in (slightly) with what I was going to say.  I explained how whenever we go away our girls ask how long the journey is (we explain in DVD terms) and if we are staying over or not on the way.  Why?  Because if we stay at Travel Lodge - no breakfast But if we stay Premier Inn - eat as much as you like!  The link is breakfast so I asked the children if they had ever had breakfast in an unusual place I did give some examples.  After taking a few answers from the children I asked if anyone had ever had breakfast on the beach, cooked with an open fire and the food was fish!  I then told them the Breakfast on the Beach story.  As I started I recapped the Easter story and Peter letting Jesus down three times.  Now the story is about Jesus forgiving Peter for the mistakes he had made and asking him to now lead the disciples - I explained this to the children after I had finished the story.  I then mentioned that Peter a little while later stood up and told thousands of people about Jesus and he started the church.  He was shinning from the inside out - cue for a song - Shine.  After the song I finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment