Tuesday 17 April 2018

Low Furness School

This morning Sarah and I went to Low Furness School for the assembly.  The theme was on forgiveness.  We started by singing Be Happy.  The last time we went to do an assembly we told the story of Peter saying he didn't know Jesus so today we told the children about the breakfast on the beach.  To start with Sarah talked about going on holidays and how when we go on a long journey we stop half way in a Travel Lodge or Premier Inn.  Our girls love the Premier Inn as we get breakfast - all you can eat!!!  Sarah then asked if anyone had had breakfast in an unusual place - we got a few different answers.  Sarah then asked if anyone had ever had breakfast on the beach - loads had. This linked then to the story of the breakfast on the beach - before I started I gave a quick recap of what Peter did.  The children listened and looked at the visuals as I told the story and laughed as well.  Afterwards I explained what Jesus had done, Peter had said three times he didn't know Jesus and then three times asked if Peter loved him.  Each time Peter said yes - this was Jesus forgiving Peter for the mistakes he had made.  I reminded the children why Jesus came and why he died on a cross and that if we say sorry to him for the things we do wrong then like Peter, Jesus will forgive us.  I also briefly explained what Jesus meant when he said feed my lambs etc Jesus wanted Peter to lead the disciples after he had gone and Peter did.  Then after Pentecost he started the church.  Sarah add a little to what I had said before we sang Shine.  She then finished with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment