Monday 23 April 2018

Croftlands Junior School

This morning I went to do the assembly at Croftlands Junior School.  I started by asking if they had had a good Easter Holidays and if anyone had been away.  This linked into me talking about when we go away and how we sometimes stay over at either a Travel Lodge or a Premier Inn.  I explained that our girls love Premier Inn as you get eat as much as you like breakfast.  This was all a link to asking the children if they have ever had breakfast in an unusual place, I gave some examples from other schools - like in a tree, the milking shed...The children gave me some different places they had eaten breakfast.  I then asked if they had ever had breakfast on the beach - hands went up - with an open fire - some hands went down - and cooked fish - a few hands stayed up.  I then explained why I had said this and gave a quick recap of the events of Easter and talked about Peter letting Jesus down three times by saying he didn't know him.  Our story started with Peter feeling bad on the beach and ended with a huge catch of fish, breakfast on the beach cooked by Jesus and Peter being forgiven by Jesus.  I explained that Peter was sorry for what he had done and Jesus was able to forgive him like he will forgive us when we do things wrong - we just need to say sorry.  Peter was asked by Jesus to take care of the other disciples as well which he did as he became the leader of the church.  After this we sang Shine because I pointed out that on the day of Pentecost Peter told thousands of people about Jesus and they came to follow him too - Peter was shining from the inside out that day.  After the song I said a short prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment