Monday 21 May 2012

Pennington School

Today I went to Pennington school to take the assembly.  The children were pleased to see me as they came into the hall.  To start with I did a short song as I wanted to teach them Giants of Faith at the end.  The story today was a Bob Hartman one about Jesus walking on the water and Peter getting out of the boat to walk to him.  However each line of the story is repeated 3 times and there is also a response that the children can shout out at the end of some of the lines.  Each of the response words rhyme which make the story all the more interesting.  I displayed the words on the screen and read them through with the children but I didn't have them in the right order so they had to think a bit as well, and as these lines are repeated 3 times as well it gave the younger children the chance to join in as well.  The basis of the story is that we should put our trust in Jesus and keep our eyes fixed on him because when we don't we like Peter will start to sink.  I told the children this message at the end.  Then I introduced them to Giants of Faith which they picked up really well and joined in with at the end.  I finished the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment