Wednesday 30 May 2012

St Peters

Today Sarah and I went over to St Peters Ireleth to take the assembly.  We sang a very quick song - Inright Outright to start before Sarah introduced the story for the day which was Pentecost.  She asked if anyone knew what last Sunday was and someone did.  I then went through some actions with the children which formed part of the refrain in the story.  We used one of Bob Hartmans stories, and as usual I did change my voice a few times during the story and added a bit of expression on some of the words.  Following the story which basically tells of the Holy Spirit coming I went on to explain a little more about it.  To help me I had a photograph of Bertie the Clown - but it was all dirty, I also had a sponge - when I tried to clear the picture with the sponge it wouldn't work.  I also had a second sponge which I then put into some water which filled the sponge up.  The two sponges looked the same but one was filled and the other wasn't.  Using the filled sponge I then cleaned the picture.  I told the children that once the disciples and followers of Jesus were filled with His Holy Spirit it enabled them to do the job that they were meant to do which was to tell people everywhere about Jesus.  Sarah then told the children that when we are filled then we shine out Jesus' love which was a cue for another song - Shine.  At the end of the song we said a prayer, then we got asked to sing another song so we sang Giants of Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment