Wednesday 16 May 2012

St Peters

This morning I went through to St Peters to take the assembly.  After singing Shine to start with I asked who had brothers or sisters in the school and several people put there hands up.  I picked two boys - brothers one older than the other.  I asked them to complete the building of a playing card tower I had started.  Meanwhile I talked to the rest of the school about the 12 disciples and how they had left their homes, jobs and families to follow Jesus.  I also told them that the disciples didn't always get on with each other just like sometimes we don't get on either.  I asked the children who didn't get on with their brother or sister and a number of hands went up.  I asked two girls to come out and act out a scene about the disciples - it was the one when the disciples wanted to be next to Jesus in heaven and about who was the greatest.  I then went on to talk to the two boys building the tower which by this time had fallen down and pointed out to the school that we should all try hard to get along with each other and to work as a team, helping each other and looking out for each other in everything we do - just as Jesus would want us to do.  I finished with a prayer and Inright Outright.

No comments:

Post a Comment