Monday 20 January 2014

Broughton School

This afternoon Sarah and I went over to Broughton school to take an assembly.  This is a new time slot for us so it seemed a little strange at first as we would normally be saying good morning instead of good afternoon.  We started by singing God's Love is Bigger than a Burger before I went onto tell the Joseph story as we have been doing in all our schools this month.  I changed my shirt a few times and settled for the waist coat.  I took on the part of Joseph and referred to the other shirts I had tried as castoff's from my brothers.  I talked about the dreams and how the other brothers got a bit jealous of me which led them to do what they did.  After the story Sarah picked up on the jealousy theme and expanded it a bit with the children saying that it is not nice to be jealous of what other people have because it can lead to all kinds of other unpleasant feelings or even anger.  She linked this idea to Christmas and how after Christmas we can sometimes get jealous when we find out what other people got as presents.  She also told the children that we are all special to God which linked with our final song Touch a finger.  AT the end I closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment