Tuesday 29 September 2015

Low Furness School

This morning Sarah and I went to Low Furness School for the assembly.  The theme was Love in the Bible, so to start we sang God's Love is Bigger than a Burger then I talked to the children.  I had prepared a series of slides starting with a love heart and a bible introducing the theme, the other slides had pictures from bible stories like crossing the Red Sea, David and Goliath, Ruth, Esther then on to pictures of Jesus the final one was Jesus on the cross.  For each picture I talked a little about how God showed his love in that particular story.  I finished with the verse we had in the last assembly from John 15 v12 Love one another as I have loved you.  Sarah added to what I had said and talked a little about harvest as next week the school has it's harvest service explaining that God shows us his love by providing for us.  To finish we sang I Love You and Sarah closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment