Wednesday 11 May 2016

Burligton School

This morning I went to Burlington School to do the assembly.  I started by singing Inright Outright with the children as this was going to link in a way to what I was going to talk about.  After the song I explained that the song talks about Jesus cares for me when he died on Calvary - which is what we thought about at Easter.  The story I was telling them was about Pentecost which is 50 days after Easter Sunday and as it is Pentecost on Sunday I thought a recap of the story would be good.  After telling the story using a Big Ministries Book I explained a few things about it like how Jesus had made a promise about the Holy Spirit, how the disciples had to wait, how they had seen Jesus go back up into heaven (which is 40 days after Easter Sunday)  Now it all happened, the disciples received the Holy Spirit and Peter stands up a talks to thousands of people about who Jesus was and they join the disciples.  The holy Spirit gave the disciples what they needed to do God's work, I encouraged the children with the idea that we do at times need to wait for things but also God can give us whatever we might need to deal with situations as they arise like he did with Peter.  After this we sang So Many Ways and I closed with a prayer.  I was asked at the end about the Holy Spirit and God and are they the same.  I explained briefly about the Trinity but then asked the person to think about water, Ice and steam - God is like the rock solid ice, Jesus like the water that flows as he moved on the earth and his love flows and the Holy Spirit is like the steam which we can't always see but we know is there.  Three things but the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment