Thursday 12 May 2016

Our Lady's School

This morning I was at Our Lady's School doing the assembly.  To start off we sang Inright Outright as this was getting the children to think again about the events of Easter.  After the song I asked if anyone knew what type of year we were in with regard to the Christian calendar - Pentecost came the answer.  I then explained the reason why we had sung the song to remind us of Easter then I used a Big Ministries book to tell the story of the events on the day of Pentecost.  When I had finished I explained about some of the things in the story and how following that event Peter had stood up and told loads of people about Jesus and that has continued throughout the centuries until here in England, Cumbria in fact in the town of Dalton we got to hear about it too.  The story said that the disciples had spent their time giving praise to God I explained that there are many ways to praise God - cue for a song So Many Ways to Praise the Lord.  After the song I closed the assembly with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment